Freelance Financial Reporting Expert – Mechelen
For one of our clients we are looking for a temporary : Financial Reporting Expert ( NL/ENG)
The Financial Reporting Expert monitors the accounting processes, the implementation of new accounting standards, the accounting processing of non-recurring transactions and the financial reporting obligations of the Group in line with the standards.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Critically examines (non-)recurring transactions and records the applicable accounting processing thereof with a view to ensuring correct, timely and qualitative monthly reporting, including explanation of significant movements for the benefit of the main (international) shareholder in line with the specific requirements/standards and guidelines (International Financial Reporting Standard – IFRS and US General Accepted Accounting Principles – US GAAP and Group Accounting Manual).
2. Designs and sets up internal control processes to ensure the correctness of the financial reporting, including under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), participates in and follows up on improvement/optimization projects or changes within the reporting process.
3. Acts as the first point of contact for internal and external stakeholders with regard to financial reporting and consolidations.
4. Advises internal data and information providers regarding the development of systems and procedures, in order to provide the information required for reporting efficiently and in accordance with legal requirements.
5. Makes reconciliation statements between the various periodic financial data reports (IFRS, Belgian and US GAAP) and carries out quality checks on the consolidated financial statements of the group according to IFRS standards (quarterly Earnings Release, half-yearly and annual reports) in view of the disclosure of the data to the market.
6. Submits periodic external information to the National Bank and prepares the statutory annual accounts in accordance with Belgian accounting rules.
Has knowledge of accounting and financial regulations and the application of the various standards and principles
(IFRS, SOX, Belgian and US GAAP).
Has knowledge of consolidation techniques and the related reporting requirements.
Is able to interpret financial indicators and translate them into reporting.
Keeps knowledge up-to-date, but also expands the knowledge further within his/her own field, processes and products, and is able to document these formally.
Is able to function in a complex international environment, across different companies and departments, where information from different stakeholders must be coordinated into one whole.
Startdate : ASAP
Christine Van Mol +32 477448755