Freelance Life Controller IFRS17 – Brussels
For one of our clients we are looking for a Freelance Controller IFRS17
The IFRS17 Life squad is responsible for the implementation of the IFRS17 Accounting Standard for the life insurance legal entities in the Benelux region. This is a cross functional squad which contains the entire finance value chain, from life actuarial and risk management to accounting and controlling. The IFRS17 squad is part of the Life ecosystem within Finance and reports to the Ecosystem leads: life chief actuary and the head of life strategic projects.
Responsible for tracking and forecasting (3y business plan) the IFRS17 P&L for the different Life entities across the Benelux region. This requires you connect the dots across different financial disciplines (actuarial, accounting and ALM) and to make the link with the business in order to provide meaningful business insights for business steering.
Investigating of (unexplained) variances in the P&L.
Development and maintenance of reporting dashboards for different stakeholders (Operations, Technical, BoM etc.).
Train stakeholders in their understanding of IFRS17
• Have a pro-active and pragmatic attitude with a track record on executing on projects.
• Have the intrinsic drive and skills to work with a very talented team of individuals in an international environment
• Have a Master’s degree in relevant field.
• Have (strong) knowledge of IFRS17.
• Experience with efficient data management (retrieval, handling and transformation)
• Have experience in tracking and forecasting P&L in a reporting position at an insurance company.
• Are able to manage different stakeholders (from BoM to your direct colleagues).
• Communicate fluently in English.
Christine Van Mol +32 3 477448755