Freelance Senior Business Controller BenAfme – Zaventem
We are looking for a temporary Finance Lead/ Business Controller BenAfme for a well-known pharmaceutical compy representing a $ 1.8 Billion scope in terms of turnover.
The Finance Lead is responsible for all commercial finance matters and the management for all commercial finance colleagues within the BenAfme cluster comprising of Belgium, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Africa and Middle East markets. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining accurate books and records, ensuring an effective internal controls environment and furthering business strategies through being an active member of the commercial leadership team. Markets in the cluster will be supported through a combination of shared services (ZFS), finance center of excellence (CoE), regional tax centers and in-market resources. The Finance Lead will be responsible for the close collaboration amongst the centers to ensure the business knowledge is maintained and appropriately reflected in key financial deliverables.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and submission in accordance with US GAAP, local/statutory accounting standards, policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations for the markets within the cluster
- Ensure the quality, accuracy and timeliness of the Operating Plan, forecasts, monthly results and other financial submissions through close collaboration with the Centers (CoE, ZFS and Tax)
- Ensure an effective internal control environment. Coordinate the planning and lead the execution of local internal and external audit work with in market teams. Working with subject matter experts to provide support for any local tax audit
- Present business results, financial projections and financial analyses to senior management. Participate in business reviews and represent the financial implications of the business strategy to International and global leadership Serve as the financial advisor to local leadership on key commercial decisions and business strategies. Monitor, track and report business performance with proactive identification of issues, opportunities and challenges. Ensure that the business utilizes its resources in the most efficient manner
- Drive resource optimization through effective working capital management
- Support and manage major change initiatives as necessary, including business development activities, integration of new businesses, migration to new financial systems and processes and finance transformation activities as deemed necessary
- Lead the finance organization across all markets in the cluster. Develop and retain existing talent. Identify, recruit and train local finance professionals as necessary. Conduct performance reviews, participate in talent planning, and establish development plans for direct reports in accordance with standards, in addition to indirect reports within the CoE
- Ensure that all the non-shared service markets have sufficient and quality support for transactional services across the cluster
- Ensure continual “Finance for non-Finance colleagues” education to commercial leadership.
- Prior experience leading change in a dynamic business environment
- People management experience preferred
- Strong preference for solid international exposure
- Strong analytical background with strategic thinking capabilities and attention to detail
- Solid understanding of accounting, tax, treasury, internal controls, financial systems and processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management both verbally and in writing
- Ability to influence and drive decision making with commercial leadership
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Ability to multi-task, consistently meeting deadlines on multiple projects and activities
Christine Van Mol +32 3 871 97 30