21 sep IT Manager – Mechelen
Our client is one of the biggest international networks for parcel deliveries in Europe. To ensure the further growth of the company and face the technological challenges and ambitions of the organization, we are looking for an IT Manager.
As an IT Manager, you will be responsible for a team of in total eight specialists, split up in the following teams:
- IT Operations (infrastructure), 4 FTE (including an IT Operations Team Lead)
- IT Delivery (build business), 3 FTE
- IT Application and Release Management, 1FTE.
Amongst a multitude of interesting and challenging IT projects (new Telco & CCM platform, embed Azure cloud services & infrastructure, finalize the BeNeLux IT Center disentanglement, and externalize the data center…) you will be challenged by our client’s most critical business project called IT4BE (IT4EM). IT4BE is the implementation of a new Depot Software (annex ERP) system. This project – in which you will be assisted by a fulltime PM – will take up to mid-2019.
We are looking for an IT manager to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our infrastructure annex applications within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. You will supervise the implementation and maintenance of our company’s computing needs. The IT Manager will:
- Manage information technology, computer systems and applications
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Draft and manage the annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Report to the CEO and on a regular basis provide input and feedback to the Management Team.
You’ll need a few strings to your bow to become an IT manager, not just an interest in technology. A big part of the job is about managing people and reporting back.
You should have:
- A master or bachelor degree in IT science or equivalent working experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of complex information and requirements
- Good prioritization skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans
- Good evaluation skills
- Good communications skills – written and verbal
- Great IT skills combined with a good head for business
- Confidence in decision-making
- A good team-playing mentality
- Good leadership skills
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
- Expertise in data center management / data governance
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation.
- Be up to date with latest technologies and ICT industry trends (including analysis and software development practices).
You must demonstrate:
- A proven track record and work experience as an IT Manager (min. 10 years total experience with at least 5 years in a managerial role) covering both infrastructure and software development related responsibilities.
- Leadership with a real ‘booths in the mud’ mentality and manage by example
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems.
You will join a dynamic company where trust, respect, passion, flexibility and results are important.
Our client offers a competitive salary package, including interesting extra’s (company car, health insurance, pension plan, meal vouchers, representation fee, bonus system).
Peter De Ridder +32 3 871 97 30 of +32 499 777 40