VAT, Customs & Excises Expert – Neder-Over-Heembeek
In collaboration with clearXperts our client is searching for a VAT, Customs and Excises Expert.
This fast growing company is based in Neder-Over-Heembeek and also have sites in Lillo. They employ over 500 employees and are looking forward to welcome a talented VAT, Customs and Excises Expert who is striving to add value to their business.
You will directly report to the Finance Manager. As VAT, Customs & Excises Expert you will be part of a new business entity and expanding team. What gives you the opportunity to enhance processes and fully show your entrepreneurial spirit.
The VAT team consists of 2 VAT experts. Together they manage more than 30 VAT registrations in Europe. You will be part of the Belgian VAT and Customs team.
Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Ensure that VAT and instrastate reports are managed in compliance with European VAT legislation.
- Work together with ERP team to adapt the VAT engine to new requirements.
- Ensure that all VAT reporting are produced accurately and in due time.
- Collaborate with the group VAT team to implement new strategy: triangulation, cash flow improvement, new commercial and specific sales agreements.
- Liaise with Belgian and Foreign VAT authorities.
- Defend VAT files during audits.
- Train and assist the different accounting sites in Belgium and abroad.
Customs & duties:
- Liaise with Customs & Excises authorities in Belgium.
- Coordinate customs matters with Belgian sites.
- Fill out all the formalities and audit reports to open and maintain new customs warehouse.
- Meet and discuss with Customs officers in order to find the right solution to implement new process and satisfy businesses.
- Implement new systems: PLDA, ECMS, REX…
- Train and support supply chain teams on sites with clear.
- You are required a very good knowledge of Belgian and Foreign VAT legislation.
- You hold a Master / Bachelor degree in Economics, Accounting or Finance.
- You have experience in an international environment and are specialized in accounting and indirect taxes.
- A very good knowledge of VAT at an international level, Customs and Excises.
- Fluent in English, French or Dutch.
- Knowledge of SAP, FI, SD, MM
- A challenging, change-oriented environment where personal development and growth are key;
- Room for initiative, room to enhance your personal and professional skills
- An attractive and competitive salary with a number of fringe benefits.